Find a Divorce Lawyer in Your Area.  

About Divorce

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Paternity and Divorce

Sometimes, with divorce, come arguments over child custody and even paternity. Paternity cases focus on establishing that the presumed father is the biological father of the child. In addition, a paternity suit can determine custody and visitation of the child, order a parent to be monetarily responsible for the birth of a child, and can order a parent to pay for day care expenses that were incurred because of work.

Paternity cases are often filed by the mother of a child in order to establish financial assistance, such as childcare. In other circumstances the father of a child can file a paternity case in order to establish visitation or custody with their child. Mothers who file for paternity are in effect giving rights to the father for visitation with the child. On the other hand, a father who files paternity will also be required to pay the mother for child support and other expenses related to the upbringing of the child. In instances when there is a question as to who the biological father of the child is, accurate and reliable DNA paternity tests can be done.

To find out more about paternity, child custody, and child support, click here.


At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quick divorce is a good blogs congratulations

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tennessee has a law that says a child conceived or born within 300 days of a divorce. will bear the name of the divorced man even if the man is not the bio father.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Click on a link to find a Divorce Lawyer in that state.

Disclaimer: Information contained throughout The Divorce Directory is intended to generally inform you about divorce law and introduce you to divorce attorneys throughout the U.S. The information regarding divorce and divorce law is not meant to be taken as legal advice. If you like to speak with an experienced divorce attorney, click on the link to your state to find an experienced divorce lawyer in your area for an initial consultation.